11 November 2010

Even when I'm sick...

I knew it would happen sooner or later - colds generally do, y'know. The fever, runny nose, feeling like your head is about the size of a hot-air balloon, achy muscles and skin, the whole package deal. Last week I felt great - until about 9PM on Friday night. I crashed hard, and my dear wonderful husband took amazing care of me. I didn't exactly look my best, but that's the fun part - he didn't even care! Not that I plan to look like that all the time, but it was a reminder of how deep our love goes, and how wonderful it is to love someone so deeply you really don't care what kind of circumstances you find yourself in - you just wanna be with them.

I couldn't possibly ask for a more wonderful husband. God has used marriage to sanctify both of us, more and in different ways than we could have imagined, but so beautifully!

If I could share just a few of the precious things I cherish, they would be:

- Praying together. I absolutely love praying with my husband. It is a precious time, and it deepens my thankfulness and respect for Gabe every time we do!

- Our good-morning hugs. Sometime between when we stumble out of bed and eat breakfast, Superman gives me a wonderful, warm, good-morning hug. I think I am addicted to them.

- Reading books together. We're on book number 16, I think - since our wedding. It's become a habit to read a few pages aloud during most meals, or driving in the car. We interrupt and discuss almost as much as we read, which is all part of the fun. I love it!

- Holding hands wherever we go. It's become second nature - more than a habit, I honestly don't think we could walk together without holding hands if we tried! It's wonderful.

180 days ago, I became a wife. It has been wonderful, and I can't wait for whatever's next...


Even if it's getting sick again - I have Superman to take care of me! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment