12 September 2010

4 months of bliss....

Last night, Gabe took me out to an expensive dinner. We actually realized as we were at the restaurant that we've never been to a real, nice, expensive restaurant together before! That's actually just one of the amazing blessings about our relationship - we like burgers & fries better than just about anything else in the world, so $10 will get us a great, happy date and we'll both be totally satisfied with that!

But sometimes (y'know, perhaps once a year or so) it's really awesome to go out to a 'real' dinner. I had steak, he had shrimp 'n ribs. Yeah - it was amazing.

The best part is, we never would have done that (I was thinking walking to the donut shop for breakfast would be a great way to celebrate our 4-month anniversary), but for the amazing blessing of my grandparents sending us some money with a note that said 'do something fun with this'. Gabe took it, and did indeed do something fun - he surprised me by taking me out to dinner!

Praise God for His blessings. Gabe's been in school for 2 weeks now, and we are incredibly blessed by the fact that we truly enjoy being together while he does homework and I work (on Russian, writing, reading to him, or doing 'wife things' - cleaning the house, making food, etc).

As we look back on 4 months of marriage (well, as of Wednesday - we celebrated on the weekend 'cause it's the free time we had :o) ), Gabe and I are so amazed at how much closer we've grown, even since 2 months ago!

Wow. God is great! All glory to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment